Laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy; It is a type of bariatric surgery that is performed without opening the belly, using a camera to enter the abdominal cavity through a single or numerous 1 cm holes. Although gastric reduction is the most regularly performed laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy, other laparoscopic obesity operations include RNY Gastric Bypass, Mini Gastric Bypass, SADI-s, and duodenal switch, alongside with even hernia repairs. Obesity surgeons typically advices Gastric Sleeve & MGB because these surgeries generally takes less time and has less complications than other laparoscopic bariatric operations.
How is Closed Gastric Sleeve Surgery Performed?
The following are the measures used during closed gastric sleeve surgery:
General anesthesia is the form of anesthetic used in closed gastric sleeve procedures. The individual is first put to sleep with the proper dosage. As a result, he / she feels nothing during the procedure.
Depending on the procedure, 4 to 5 small incisions are created in the patient’s abdominal area. These incisions are one centimeter or smaller in length.
A laparoscope is introduced via one of the incisions. As a result, it is clear where the procedure will take place.
In addition, depending on the type of operation, different surgical instruments are put into the abdomen through the proper incisions.
Your bariatric surgery is performed with the use of a laparoscopic monitor.
Differences Between Closed and Open Gastric Sleeve Surgery
There are two kinds of surgeries: open and closed. There are substantial distinctions between the two procedures. These distinctions are typically;
In open surgery, the incision is comperatively larger. As a result, the patients need to put importance for its aftercare and it can be a tedious process for the patient. Therefore, for patients whose BMI over 55-60 are not adviced for the surgical options directly. They are expected to lower their BMI with other options such as dieting, gastric balloons and gastric botox procedures.
The incisions in closed surgery are tiny and few. Wounds heal more quickly following surgery.
A huge scar on the person’s body remains after open surgery. This scarring will be permanent after the surgery.
The incisions in closed surgery are less than 1 cm long. As a result, scarring is far less likely, and the remaining traces are much tiny.
In open surgery, the risk of complications is substantially higher. Closed surgery lowers the complication risk in a great amount than open surgery.
Is There A Benefit To Robotic Surgery Over Laparoscopic Surgery?
Robotic arms used in robotic surgery have the benefit of allowing for more accurate work as well as presenting a 3D view. In bariatric surgery, however, robotic surgery has no substantial benefit over laparoscopic surgery.
What are the Advantages of Laparoscopic Bariatric Surgery?
- The hospital stay is brief.
- Recovery and return to regular life occurs quickly.
- Subtle scars may persist aesthetically.
- Who Can Have Laparoscopic Obesity Surgery?
- Those aged 18 to 65 years old
- Under the age of 18 and above the age of 65 can be operated on in extraordinary instances that warrant surgery and if the obesity surgery board approves.
Those with a BMI higher than 30,
- Those with a BMI of 30 to 35 and other weight-related co-morbidities (hypertension, cholesterol, diabetes, sleep apnea, heart failure, metabolic syndrome, etc.)
- People who have tried and failed the other weight-loss methods
- Those who are capable of handling surgery and anesthesia,
- Patients who can adhere to the post-operative diet and make the appropriate lifestyle modifications,
- Those who do not have a significant untreated mental illness
Who Cannot Have Laparoscopic Obesity Surgery?
- Those suffering from severe and untreated psychological disorder,
- Those who are addicted (to alcohol or drugs),
- Patients suffering from severe hormonal and endocrine problems,
- Patients who are unable to make required dietary, nutritional, and lifestyle modifications following surgery,
- Those with an illness that prevents anesthesia, cancer patients, and those planning a pregnancy during the first year following surgery
Laparoscopic Gastric Sleeve Surgery in Turkey
If you prefer Turkey to have laparoscopic gastric sleeve surgery, our clinic offers you an extremely comfortable and budget-friendly service. In addition, you will have the opportunity to have your treatment and to have a holiday by getting to know a new country.
When you land in Turkey for the first time, your driver greets you at the airport. It will take you to your hotel with a VIP vehicle. On the way back, we will allocate you a driver and vehicle for you to go to the airport. When you arrive at your hotel, we recommend that you plan your trip to be here at least one day before your appointment date so that you can relax and feel relaxed.
Your treatment takes place in a fully equipped hospital, under operating room conditions, under the control of a general surgeon. Your doctor first performs all your health screenings in detail with the help of other physicians before the treatment. Almost all units of the hospital check whether your health condition is suitable and decide whether the surgery is risky.
At the end of this whole process, if your health is found suitable, your surgery is planned.
When you click on the Contact Us page on our website, you will find the contact information of our clinic on the page that opens. You can get detailed information about the price and process by contacting us here. Then you can also create your appointment.
Get Free Quote